Singapore Visa Types

Foreign visitors who want to travel to Singapore have various visa types to choose from. As a popular business center of Southeast Asia, the country attracts people of different origins to come here for both work and tourism-related reasons.

Responding to the needs of travelers, the government of Singapore has implemented the following categories of a Singapore visa:

  • Singapore e-Visa
  • A tourist visa
  • An employment pass
  • Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass)
  • Personalized Employment Pass (PEP)
  • S Pass
  • Work Permit for foreign Worker
  • Work Permit for foreign domestic workers

Depending on the type of visa, applicants must consider different requirements and limitations. Below you will find short characteristics of the above-mentioned Singapore visas.

Singapore e-Visa

The Singapore e-Visa is a visa that can be obtained through an electronic system of application. A few-step, easy online procedure allows travelers from eligible countries to obtain a visa without leaving home.

The e-Visa to Singapore allows its holders to travel to Singapore for tourism and business purposes and stay there for up to 30 days. For a business eVisa, you need to have a letter of introduction written by a Singapore citizen.

Tourist visa

When you want to enter Singapore for any tourism-related activities, you must apply for a tourist visa. People holding this Singapore visa type are allowed to go to Singapore for holidays, to visit family members, or to pilgrimage and stay in the country for up to 30 days.

You should remember that tourist visa holders cannot take up employment.

Employment Pass

The employment type is the main type of work visa to Singapore. It covers the biggest group of current foreign working professionals in the country. Employment pass is issued to professionals, managers, managing directors, executives, and specialists.

This visa type allows its holders to reenter Singapore numerous times. Employment pass stays effective for 1-2 years and can be renewed for 3 years. It also permits sponsoring family members if a monthly income is 6,000 SGD or more.

To qualify for this Singapore visa, you must be sponsored by a well-established company registered in Singapore. Applicants are demanded to have appropriate working experience or educational qualifications for the submitted job.

Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass)

The Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) is the primary type of work permit for foreign businessmen willing to relocate their newly (or about to) incorporated Singapore companies to Singapore.

The company must present an innovative business idea with potential economic prospects. It also has to be registered as a private limited company.

An applicant must be 21 years old and above, with relevant qualifications and experience. To apply, they must have documentary proof that they meet one of the eligibility criteria under the entrepreneur, innovator, or investor categories.

Personalized Employment Pass (PEP)

The Personalized Employment Pass (PEP) is a special work visa type for overseas foreign professionals, managers, executives, or specialists with high incomes (monthly salary of at least $12,000) and extensive work experience.

It is a self-sponsored visa, so a person can submit an application without company sponsorship. It gives great flexibility, as you can work for more than one company and don't need to reapply for a new visa.

This Singapore work visa is issued for 3 years and cannot be renewed. You mustn't stay unemployed for more than 6 months and can't start your own business in Singapore.

S Pass

The S Pass can be obtained by mid-level skilled foreign workers from such industries as chemicals, electronics, aerospace engineering, marine, pharmaceuticals, and others.

This Singapore visa is valid for 1-2 years. If its holders continue to be employed by the employer, they can renew their S Pass after that period.

To be eligible, an applicant must be sponsored by a Singapore-registered company with an eligible S-Pass quota, earn at least $2,200 monthly, and have a minimum of 3 years of experience or a tertiary education or trade certificate.

Work Permit for foreign workers

The work permit for foreign workers is designed for semi-skilled or unskilled workers from certain countries in the construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sectors.

This visa is sponsored and issued for 2 years with the possibility to be renewed.

To apply, a worker must be from a source country or region approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and 18 years of age or older.

This work permit has many conditions. For example, persons on this visa cannot work for another employer, start their own business, or marry a Singapore permanent resident or Singapore citizens.

Work Permit for foreign domestic workers

Semi-skilled or unskilled foreign domestic workers can apply for a work permit for foreign domestic workers to be employed as domestic helpers in the employer's home doing household and domestic chores in Singapore.

The validity of this visa is up to 2 years, depending on the effectiveness of the security bond.

Applicants must be female citizens of MOM-approved source countries or regions aged from 23 to 50 when applying. They need at least 8 years of formal education with a proper certificate.

Holders of this visa can work only for one employer and should live in the same household as them.

SG Arrival Card

Whatever kind of visa you choose, there is one more document you need to have - a Singapore Arrival Card. It is mandatory for all people willing to enter Singapore.

SG Arrival Card is an online health declaration implemented as an additional precautionary measure because of COVID-19 pandemics.

The application process takes place entirely online, so you can do it from the comfort of your home. It can be completed in a very simple way:

  • fill out the form (you need to enter some personal, passport, travel, and health information);
  • cover the processing fee;
  • wait for the SG Arrival Card to be sent to your email address.

This document is digitally connected to the applicant's passport, so it must stay valid.

Evisa Express uses cookies and similar technologies for statistical and analytical purposes to optimize usage. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. If you do not change the settings, cookies will be saved in your device's memory. Cookie Policy and Terms of Service.