Cambodia to Re-Introduce Tourist e-Visa
According to the latest announcement of the Cambodian government, Tourist e-Visa application has been re-opened. Starting from October 19, 2021, eligible travellers can apply for an electronic tourist visa to Cambodia. The Cambodian authorities suspended the issuance of tourist visas in March 2020 due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the country. Now, exploring Cambodian tourist attractions with e-Visa is possible once again.
As of October 18, 2021, Cambodia recorded over 116,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, while the number of COVID-19 related deaths since the outbreak of the pandemic is estimated around 2,700. The re-introduction of electronic tourist visas can be an initial step to revive the tourism sector in Cambodia.
Cambodia Tourist e-Visa essentials
An electronic visa to Cambodia facilitates the life of many tourists who want to spend holidays in Cambodia, visit relatives or friends, explore the Cambodian natural beauty, or simply transit on the way to another country. Cambodia e-Visa costs 99 Euro and functions as a 30-day single-entry permit, which means that its holder can enter the country only once and stay up to 1 month. This online tourist visa requires no Embassy visits whatsoever. There is no need to go through never-ending and troublesome interviews. Applicants neither need to wait long weeks to receive approval. An electronic visa application takes only a couple of minutes, and all its steps can be completed online from home or any other place with Internet access.
Cambodian entry requirements
- A valid visa to Cambodia
- Health Certificate confirming a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 3 days before the departure (certificate can only be issued by an authorised health centre of the country of residence of a traveller)
- Health Insurance proof (min. 50,000 USD medical coverage) or health insurance package covering a COVID-19 treatment valid for 20 days (90 USD)
- A 14-day quarantine for all unvaccinated travellers (or not fully vaccinated) and a 7-day quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers (the quarantine is at the cost of a traveller)
- Deposit 2,000 USD upon entry to Cambodia that will be used for coronavirus testing-related and quarantine expenses
- All travellers are obliged to take a COVID-19 test on the 13th day in order to end the quarantine
- All visitors to Cambodia are subject to health risk assessment upon entry