Indian Visa for New Zealand Citizens
The government of India introduced an electronic visa system allowing many countries to obtain an online visa to enter India. New Zealand citizens as one of the eligible nations can apply for Indian visa online.
Indian e-Visa for New Zealanders can be used as the electronic equivalent of a regular visa. Applicants can choose one type of e-Visa that best matches their travel needs. The available ones include tourist, business, and transit e-Visa.
Getting a visa for India now is much easier and quicker as it's no longer necessary to stand in endless lines at a diplomatic post in the applicant's home country. Instead, all New Zealand citizens can fill out the online application form and receive their approved electronic India visas within 72 business hours. As simple as that!
How to apply for an Indian e-Visa from New Zealand
The online visa application form that you need to fill out on our website when applying from New Zealand consists only of 3 steps, which are as follows:
- Determine the purpose of your trip (tourism, medical, or business) and click the button 'Apply online.' You will be redirected to the online form.
- Take your New Zealand passport and enter the required travel and personal information, upload the necessary additional documents, face and passport photos, and at the end, pay a fee of 129 Euro.
- Now, you just need to check your e-mail. You will receive a confirmation number and the approved electronic visa in your inbox.
Please note: All New Zealand citizens need to check if their passports won't expire within at least 6 months from their arrival date in India!
Indian e-Visa processing time and fees for New Zealand citizens
After submitting your application, handling of your request shouldn't take up more than 72 business hours. Nevertheless, our applicants can enjoy getting their electronic visas a bit earlier as, on average, they wait only 51 hours.
The cost of an electronic Indian visa for all New Zealand citizens is 129 EUR.
How long can New Zealand citizens stay in India with e-Visa?
New Zealand citizens can apply for one of 3 available online Indian visa types. Depending on the selected visa, its holder can stay in India for various periods of time:
- e-Tourist visa: New Zealand citizens can be granted this type of visa for India if their travel needs are related to tourism or if they wish to visit family and friends residing there. e-Tourist visa is issued for 1 year, and its holder is allowed to the maximum stay of 90 days in total, either in a row or spread over a few visits.
- e-Business visa: if you are a New Zealander who wishes to handle business affairs in India, this visa is for you! Holder of e-Business visa can stay in India up to 180 days in total, within its validity period of one year. These 180 days can be either a single stay or spread over numerous entries to the country.
- e-Medical visa: travelers to India for medical reasons can be granted a triple-entry visa issued for 4 months. Its holder is allowed to stay in India for up to 60 days in total, either as a single stay or spread over 3 separate visits.
Please remember that your electronic Indian visa cannot be renewed!
Indian e-Visa requirements for the New Zealanders
Detailed information on requirements categorized according to the online India visa types are as follows:
- e-Tourist visa: the New Zealand applicant's face photograph and passport biometric page photo.
- e-Business visa: the same as above, but you will also need to submit either a business card or an invitation sent by an Indian company that you plan to cooperate with.
- e-Medical visa: the New Zealand applicant's face photograph and passport biometric page photo; letter issued by a hospital or medical institution where you plan to undergo medical treatment (it should contain the length of your stay in India as well as the kind of your planned treatment).
You can take a photo of your face with a mobile phone or web camera!
Is it safe to use Evisa Express to get an Indian e-Visa?
Our effectiveness is visible in numbers. 96% of positively processed applications can confirm that our customers receive their visas. Should your application be rejected, we will make every effort to correct it without any additional costs!
If you want to have a guarantee of a trouble-free application process, you're at the right place! Don't hesitate to apply for an electronic India visa using our website.
In case of any problems, feel free to contact our support team. Our consultants are happy to guide you through all the stages of your application!