Canada eTA Requirements for New Zealand Citizens
Canadian eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is a system introduced in 2016 to verify travelers wishing to come to Canada by air. Their travel purpose has to be related to tourism activities, business affairs, or transit.
New Zealand citizens do not need to obtain a regular visa to travel to Canada. Instead, they can apply for an electronic visa for Canada.
Thanks to eTA, citizens of New Zealand don't need to waste time on complicated and time-consuming procedures of obtaining a regular embassy visa before traveling to Canada.
To get a Canadian eTA online, there is no need to have other documents than your valid passport.
Prepare any working electronic device with Internet access, and submit your online application.
The approved electronic Canadian visa will arrive in your email inbox within maximally 3 days!
Canada eTa Application Form for New Zealand
When applying from New Zealand, you need to follow 3 intuitive steps to submit your online application form successfully:
- Prepare your biometric New Zealand passport and go to the online form in which you will be asked to provide some personal and travel information, passport data, e.g., passport number. Enter all the required data and go to the next step.
- Pay eTA fee (49 EUR).
- Check if you have received an e-mail with your eTA confirmation number. (You will get your approved Canada e-visa within 3 business days)
You don't have to print your eTA! Save its electronic version and show it when asked by officials at the airport.
Make sure you have a valid New Zealand passport, book a flight to Canada, and apply for your eTA!
Canada eTA processing time and fees for New Zealand citizens
The processing time of e-visa requests to Canada can take maximally 72 hours, but applications are often processed within just a couple of minutes. The average time estimated by our experts is 16 hours from the submission.
The fee for eTA is 49 EUR. You can make a payment using one of the available methods of online payment.
How long can the New Zealanders stay in Canada with eTA?
eTA holders are entitled to multiple visits to Canada, of which each cannot be longer than half a year (180 days).
The Canadian online travel authorization is issued for 5 years. All New Zealand travelers should then check if are valid passport holders.
The moment the passport expires, it is necessary to obtain a new Canadian e-visa.
Canada eTA requirements for New Zealand citizens
A New Zealand citizen doesn't need much to get an eTA to Canada.
There are actually 3 simple requirements you need to meet in order to complete your online application successfully:
- valid passport: before starting filling out the application form, double-check if your passport doesn't expire within min. 6 months from the day you will arrive at the Canadian airport
- e-mail address: it's apparently a small matter, but without an active email, you won't be able to download your eTA
- valid payment form: we accept various payment methods, e.g., MasterCard, Visa, Sofort, discover, PayPal, etc.; make sure you can pay a fee using one of the available methods
Is it safe to use Evisa Express to get a Canada eTA?
Below, we present a few reasons why you shouldn't have any doubts about whether to choose Evisa Express services:
We have the best standards of data protection: Our safety and technical experts continuously monitor our services; an SSL certificate confirms that your data is well protected.
- Our company has been on the market since 2016: Starting as a small company, we have become experts in the field of the electronic visa system; we maintain the best service standards.
- Continuous development and service improvement: We are continually following the news on visa regulations; our frequent system updates aim to adjust services and reduce the processing time; all system faults are resolved immediately to enable our customers to proceed with the application process.
- Traveling is our 'bread and butter': contacting our consultants, you can be sure that you will receive answers to all of your questions; every member of our support team is a travel master!
Do you need more information on requirements for New Zealand citizens willing to travel to Canada? Don't hesitate to contact our support team members! They will help you to go through all the steps of the application and answer all your questions.