Canada Visa for Japanese Citizens
All Japanese nationals do not need a regular visa to enter Canada. However, they will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Canadian eTA for Japanese citizens enables making a trip to Canada related to tourism, business, or transit.
The Electronic Travel Authorization system was created to facilitate the initial control of travelers entering Canada only by air.
Since 2016, citizens of many countries, including the Japanese, can apply for Canada eTA online, not going through the stressful and time-consuming regular visa application process.
eTA is issued as a multiple-entry authorization enabling numerous visits to Canada. eTA holders can plan even a 6-month stay in Canada, while eTA remains valid as long as 5 years!
Now, traveling to Canada with eTA is easier than one might think!
How to apply for a Canada eTA visa from Japan?
Forget about the long hours needed to complete the time-consuming application process. Prepare your passport, sit back in your chair, grab your computer or another electronic device and go to the application form available on our website.
Select the purpose of your Canadian trip and click the button 'Apply online.' Now, you are only 3 following steps away from completing your online application:
- Fill in all boxes with the information required, like passport number and valid e-mail address. Please be careful! Don't make any mistakes. Otherwise, the processing time may take a bit longer than usual.
- Pay eTA fee of 49 EUR.
- Check your inbox. Maybe your approved eTA is already there!
Canada eTA processing time and fees for Japanese citizens
The time needed to process your visa request is up to 72 business hours. Nevertheless, it's quite frequent that our applicants receive the approved eTA within a few minutes from the moment they submitted their application. The average processing time that we managed to determine is 16 business hours. Check your e-mail regularly!
The fee that is charged for the processing of your request is 49 EUR. eTA fee is the same for all eligible nations. Use the preferred payment form in our application form and make a payment for your Electronic Travel Authorization to Canada.
How long can Japanese citizens stay in Canada with eTA?
Japanese who wish to travel to Canada can stay maximally 6 months in a row. At the same time, they are allowed to enter the country multiple times throughout the Canada eTA validity period, which is 5 years.
Please check the validity of your passport. If it expires soon, you'd better renew it and only then apply for your eTA. The moment your passport is invalid, your Canada eTA expires too!
If you plan a longer than 6-month stay in Canada, you must obtain a traditional Canadian visa!
Requirements for a Canada eTA from Japan
There are no special requirements to get Canada eTA from Japan, but make sure you have the following:
- A valid Japanese biometric passport.
- A frequently used email address.
- A valid debit or credit card or access to any other payment method.
Please note: Your eTA is electronically matched with the passport you provided in your eTA request. You cannot transfer eTA and link it to another travel document. Those Japanese passport holders who have dual citizenship must apply for an eTA using a single passport and then take it to travel to Canada!
Is it safe to use Evisa Express to get a Canada eTA?
Some people can be afraid of providing personal data on the Internet. We'd like to present a few facts that will convince you that by choosing our services you can feel safe:
- 99% of all positively processed eTA requests
- best data protection confirmed by the SSL certificate; all data is adequately protected and continuously monitored, while our technical experts permanently improve the data protection system
- offering our services since 2016, we have gained vast experience so that we can name ourselves e-visa experts
- the information on our website is gathered from reliable governmental sources; we are up to date with any changes related to the visa regulations
- any arising failures are immediately fixed so that our customers can proceed with their application requests
- when contacting our support team, you can be sure that its members will make all the effort to resolve any problems with your application and answer all your questions - they love to travel the same as you!
If you need more information, feel free to contact us anytime!