Do German Citizens Need A Visa To Visit The USA?
Do German citizens need a visa to visit the USA? Since Germany is taking part in the Visa Waiver Program, there is no need to handle a regular visa to visit the United States. However, all German citizens still need to obtain an electronic visa permit before their travel.
ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is an obligatory e-Visa permit for all German citizens. You cannot visit the United States without a visa entirely. Fortunately, applying online for the ESTA under the Visa Waiver Program is extremely easy!
The visa application process can be done within a few minutes from home. Use any device with an internet connection to visit our website and receive your visa permit in 3 business days or even less!
ESTA for German citizens
Since 2009 when the Visa Waiver Program was introduced, obtaining a visa to travel to the United States became effortless. Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) enables its' holders to enter the United States for 90 days each time.
Here are the main ESTA characteristics that all German citizens should know about:
- ESTA is a multiple-entry permit
- each stay can be as long as 90 days (three months)
- can be used for tourism, business, and transit purposes
- ESTA is valid for 2 years from the date of issue
- it costs just 49 Euro
- average processing time is only 24 hours (when using our services)
ESTA links directly to the traveller's passport; thus, there is no need to print it out. However, you may keep an additional ESTA copy on your mobile device, just in case.
ESTA requirements for German citizens
German citizens who want to apply online for an ESTA permit need two elementary things to make their visa application successful. All applicants should have the following documents:
- a valid German passport
- an active e-mail address
Please note that your German passport must be valid for at least 6 months from arrival in the US date. Additionally, ensure that the e-mail address you put in the application form is correct so that you have no issues receiving the PDF version of ESTA.
How can German citizens apply for ESTA?
Now that Germany is taking part in the Visa Waiver Program, all German citizens need to apply for a US tourist visa, i.e., ESTA. Fortunately, you won't need to visit the US Embassy, nor a Consulate. If you are a German citizen and meet the two basic requirements listed above, start the application process.
Online application guide for German citizens:
- Click the 'Apply online' button located on the right side of the page. Start filling the application form with your data, passport details, e-mail address, and the purpose of your travel. Ensure the information provided is error-free.
- Choose one of the online payment methods and pay the service fee (49 Euro).
- Check your inbox. First, all future US visitors will receive a confirmation number that you can use to check how well is your ESTA processing. Within a maximum of 3 business days (72 hours), ESTA will be delivered to your e-mail box.
Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months forth from the planned entry to the United States date. That requirement is crucial to making a successful application.
Additional ESTA information for German citizens
- All German nationals travelling to the United States with ESTA need to apply for a separate ESTA application
- Children also need to have their ESTA permit
- Application for children is filed by the parents/guardians
- ESTA is not a working permit; if you are a German citizen travelling with ESTA, you cannot seek employment in the US
- ESTA application needs to be made at least 3 business days in advance to avoid issues with entering the United States
- Each stay cannot be longer than 90 days at a time
- All visitors should be a valid passport holder when travelling under the Visa Waiver
Benefits of applying with Evisa Express for German citizens
Travel from Germany to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program and handle your ESTA permit in a few days using our services! Whether you need to travel for tourism, business, or transit purposes, we can guarantee:
- a 98% rate of applications that were positively approved
- no visits to the embassy, as the process can be completed entirely online (even from home!)
- a 24-hour average processing time
- our team of experts carefully checking if each application is correctly filled
- a quick and easy process of applying online
- 24/7 availability of our support team via e-mail and phone
With its rugged mountains, rolling plains, and majestic coastlines, America represents an abundance of diversity in its geography, economy, and people. The continental United States has an area nearly as big as that of the EU ? and in many ways, the US really can seem like multiple countries at once!
Fortunately for German citizens, access to the full scope of the country's wealth and bounty can be obtained with just a single travel document: ESTA.
Travel with ESTA for one of these purposes: tourism, business, or transit. Stay even for 90 days at a time! Enjoy your permit validity for 2 years from the date of issue. Germans can always contact our support team in case of any problems or doubts!