Canada Visa for UK Citizens
UK citizens and the British overseas territories' citizens are eligible to apply for an electronic visa permit to Canada. ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is a mandatory visa permit to have when travelling to Canada by air.
If you plan to enter Canada by plane from the UK, you will need an eTA. Electronic visa links directly to the traveller's passport; there is no need to print it out. Customs officials scan the biometric data page of your UK passport to read the eTA permit.
Keep on reading this article to find out the visa requirements to meet for British citizens, how to complete the application process online, and learn more about eTA to Canada.
ETA to Canada for UK citizens
United Kingdom citizens can apply online for a Canadian e-Visa. Use any working device with a stable internet connection to complete the application process.
ETA to Canada characteristics:
- It is a multiple-entry visa that allows numerous visits to Canada
- Each stay cannot be longer than 6 months at a time or until your passport expires
- E-Visa is valid for 5 years from the issuing date
- It costs 49 Euro only
Visiting Canada from the UK using eTA is easier than ever before for all UK citizens! Stay in Canada with an eTA permit and explore the country entirely.
Visa requirements for British citizens
What do UK citizens need to prepare before applying? Fortunately, the requirements to meet before making your application are elementary. To travel to Canada and to apply for an eTA, you will need:
- a valid passport for at least 6 months ahead of the planned departure date
- an active email address to have access to the Canada eTA once it's approved
- a clean criminal record: non-serious offences are not taken into account
Online visa application guide for UK citizens
If you meet all of the above-described requirements and are a UK citizen, you may start the application process.
To apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization permit:
- Fill an online application form. Provide your data, passport details, e-mail address, and the purpose of your travel.
- Move on to the next step, i.e., making the payment. Pay the handling fee using any convenient method of online payment available on our website.
- All passport holders that wish to enter Canada with an eTA should check their e-mail address after registering the payment.
ETA arrives at the traveller's e-mail box, usually within a couple of minutes from applying. However, the processing time may take up to 72 hours.
Benefits of using our services
There are many benefits to British citizens when using our services to apply for an eTA to Canada. ETA serves as a legal travel document and enables visiting Canada's territory multiple times within the validity period. You will need a visa as a British citizen when travelling to Canada by air to show it to the customs officials at the airport.
- 98% of the applications are successfully approved thanks to our team carefully checking the provided information for correctness to avoid delays and issues
- In case your application would fail to be approved, we grant reimbursement
- The application process is effortless and straightforward and can be completed in less than 15 minutes from home
- Our support team is available 24/7
- Very few visa requirements to meet
Canada as a travel destination
All British citizens are eligible to visit Canada with an eTA. Travel from the United Kingdom with a Canada eTA and discover all there is in Canada.
All British passport holders that have a Canadian visa approved should consider visiting some of these places first in Canada:
- Niagra Falls: the most popular attraction of Canada, located near the border with the United States. This natural miracle attracts millions of tourists each year. Spend the day walking and admiring the natural wonders of Canadian Niagra Falls.
- the Cn Tower: 553 meters high upon the lake of Ontario. This imposing building offers tourists incredible views and the possibility of eating at a 360 restaurant on the top of the tower.
- Polar Bears: that can be spotted either in October or November when the polar bears are migrating. The polar bears migrate onto the ice on the Hudson Bay. There are many tourist places to encounter animals from up close.
All British citizens with a valid passport need a Canadian eTA to travel to Canada. Even if you're in Canada just for transit, eTA is still mandatory to have.
Plan your journey carefully to see as much as possible with a British passport and eTA linked to it!