Canada Visa for Mexican Citizens
Are you a Mexican citizen wondering if you need a visa permit to travel to Canada? Mexican citizens don't need a regular visa permit to travel to Canada; however, all travellers from Mexico need an eTA to cross the Canadian border by air.
ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is an e-Visa permit mandatory to have when travelling to Canada by plane. It links directly to your passport; there is no need to print it out. You don't have to visit the embassy, take care of the excessive amount of paperwork, or wait in long lines. The application process can be completed entirely online in less than 15 minutes.
Keep on reading to learn all about eTA permits for Mexican citizens.
Is eTA for Mexican citizens a work permit?
ETA is not a work permit. It does not allow working while in Canada. An electronic visa permit can be used for the following reasons:
- tourism: you can visit your friends and family that are staying in Canada. You can explore the country as a tourist and discover all of the beautiful tourist destinations Canada has to offer.
- business: all Mexican citizens with a valid passport and an eTA can attend a business meeting or a conference in Canada.
- transit: eTA is also obligatory to have when you're transiting to another country through Mexico's Canadian border.
ETA validity and processing time for Mexican citizens
ETA is a legal travel document that is valid for 5 years from the issuing date or until your passport expires. Whenever your passport expires, or you make any changes to it, eTA becomes invalid.
E-Visa to Canada is a multiple-entry visa allowing all Mexican citizens to visit Canada numerous times within the validity period. However, each stay cannot be longer than 6 months at a time.
Making your visa application will take you less than 15 minutes of your time. The processing time may take up to 72 hours. Nonetheless, an average processing time when Mexican citizens use our services is just 16 hours. Some applications are approved within minutes!
Documents to prepare for Mexican citizens
Luckily, visa requirements are straightforward and can be easily organized. As a Mexican citizen, all you need to apply is:
- a valid passport for at least 6 months forth from the planned departure date to Canada
- an active e-mail address to have access to your Canadian eTA. We will send you an e-Visa in a PDF version onto your e-mail address as soon as it's approved.
- a clean criminal record is an essential condition to meet before applying. Your application might be refused if you have some severe offences on your account. You can still apply with non-serious crimes, e.g., a speeding ticket. However, in that case, you may have to send some additional documents to your application, and the whole process may be elongated.
How can Mexican citizens apply online?
Mexican travellers are able to apply for a Canada visa online following three simple steps:
- Fill an application form with your personal information, passport details, e-mail address, and the purpose of your travel. Please ensure that you enter all of the information correctly to avoid issues or delays with your application approval.
- Pay the handling visa fee with your credit or debit card. You can use other methods of online payment available on our website as well.
- Check your inbox for the confirmation number first. Within the next 72 hours, eTA to Canada will arrive at your e-mail box as well.
Benefits of using our services
Why should you apply for an eTA to Canada using our services? Although eTA to Canada is not a work permit, all Mexicans with passports can travel from Mexico to Canada and stay for even half a year at a time.
6 months is enough to get to know the country and decide if you want to live in Canada permanently later on. These are the main benefits of using our services to apply for eTA to Canada:
- in case your application would fail to be approved, we grant reimbursement accordingly with our Terms of Service
- 98% of the applications are successfully approved because a qualified team of experts is making sure the application forms are correctly filled
- applying online using our services is extremely easy and can be done entirely from home!
- eTA arrives directly at your e-mail address
- there are just a few visa requirements to meet for Mexican citizens before applying
If you plan on travelling from Mexico to Canada by air, you will need a valid eTA permit. Visiting Canada is now easier than before, especially when using our services! Our support team is available to you throughout the whole process; should you have any issues or questions.