Benin visa types
Obtaining a Benin visa could help you with an easy and unproblematic journey. Foreigners can enter Benin and get the visa for touristic, business, courtesy, and residence purposes. We can distinguish 5 types of Benin Visas:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Residence Visa
- Courtesy Visa.
In this article you will learn more about each kind of visa, so you will be sure about the possibilities perfect for you.
As a foreigner, you can get a Benin e-Visa if you wish to travel to this country. It is obtainable for nationals from all other countries for tourism, transit, or business cases. Note that, nationals from Africa do not need a visa to visit Benin.
There are different kinds of e-Visas, such as:
- Single-entry visa valid for 30 days
- Multiple entries visa valid for 30 days
- Multiple entries visa valid for 90 days.
Processing time usually takes around 2 or 3 business days. Submission on non-working days may result in delays, so keep that in mind.
e-Visa for Benin requirements
In order to apply for Benin electronic visa you need to prepare:
- Visa application form with accurate, personal information, such as name, gender, date of birth, occupation, address, email, etc.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with 2 blank pages
- Proof of sufficient financial situation
- Confirmed flight ticket (in transit case)
- Invitation Letter (in case of business visa)
- Hotel reservation (for touristic purposes)
- Payment of the fee.
In case of any difficulties with the process, you can contact the Benin embassy or consulate. What is more, you can apply for the Benin e-Visa via the appropriate website.
If you want to get a Benin Tourist visa, you can do this at the embassy or consulate according to the Beninese government. As the name suggests, this type of visa is used for tourist purposes such as sightseeing and is valid for 30 days.
Besides, there is also a special tourist visa that is valid for 8 days.
Benin Tourist visa requirements
In order to be a Benin tourist visa holder, you need to prepare:
- Visa application form
- At least 6 months valid passport with 2 blank pages
- Colored, whole face photo of the 3.5 x 4.5 size
- Accommodation proof
- Invitation letter (if any)
- Yellow fever vaccine certificate (only if it is required)
- Flight ticket reservation.
Important! Tourist visa policy states that the embassy may require additional documents that you need to submit. Also, you need to pay a fee. Take into consideration the fact that processing time takes up to 5 working days and it depends on various factors.
A business visa for Benin can be used by a foreigner who comes to Benin regularly for business or economic activities. This visa is valid for 3 or 6 months.
Requirements for Business Visa for Benin
The requirements for a Benin business visa are the same as in Tourist visa, so you should:
- Fill in the visa application form
- Have a passport with 6-month validity and 2 blank pages
- Submit a photo
- Submit accommodation proof
- Provide an Invitation letter from an organization or a partner
- Show flight ticket
- Show certificate (yellow fever vaccination proof).
Once again, you may be asked to submit additional documents, and the processing time is around 3 or 5 working days.
You can apply for a Benin Business visa in special centers like embassies, or consulates. In case there is no such place in your country, you need to visit the one that is near your location.
Benin Resident visa is for foreign nationals who wish to reside in Benin. This visa is issued by the Directorate of Emigration and Immigration in Cotonou. If you want to reside in Benin you must have a resident card.
Resident visa for Benin requirements
To obtain a Resident visa you need to submit:
- Application form
- Passport and copy of the main page (6 months valid with 2 blank pages)
- Passport format photo
- Proof of accommodation
- Ticket for the flight
- Certificate of yellow fever vaccination (possible, but not necessary).
- Additional documents (possible, but not necessary).
When it comes to the processing time, it varies from 3 to 5 business days. Besides, you need to pay a fee.
Courtesy visa for Benin is used in diplomatic, official, and service cases. It is issued for official duties. In order to apply, you are required to fill in the Benin visa application form, have a passport with at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages, a passport photo, accommodation proof, flight ticket, and vaccination certificate (possible, but not necessary).
Moreover, you can be asked to show a verbal note, an invitation letter from the organizers of the mission, and other documents.
Processing time may differ and can take even 5 working days. Besides, you don't need to pay the fee for the Benin Courtesy visa.