Iraq Passport Visa-Free Countries
Iraq passport travel information
Currently, an Iraqi passport ranks 111th in the global passport ranking. There are 6 Iraq passport visa-free countries: Dominica, Haiti, Iran, Malaysia, Micronesia, and Samoa.
Iraqi passport holders can also get a visa on arrival in 18 countries. There are 27 countries issuing online visas to Iraqi citizens.
There are many countries that Iraq passport holders can visit with a regular visa after attending an embassy. To apply for an Iraqi passport, foreigners should first get citizenship of the Republic of Iraq by naturalization.
Iraqis can travel to visa-free countries without any stress
Visa-free travel offers great opportunities to see new places and meet new people.
Since Iraqis are not bound by the rules and regulations of a specific country and don't have to choose a particular visa type - business, transit, or tourist visa, they can extend their trip and change their plans without worrying about getting in trouble.
Also, as they don't experience stress because of a visa, they get to be more cheerful and adventurous and can make new friends more easily.
How to apply for an Iraq passport
A foreigner can obtain Iraq citizenship by naturalization if they meet the following requirements:
- should be 18 years or older;
- must have entered Iraq legally and be residing in Iraq when submitting an application, with the exception of those born and residing in Iraq and those who obtained the Iraqi Civil Status Book but have not yet obtained a citizenship certificate.
- must have a good reputation and not be convicted of a felony or a crime against honor.
In order to apply for an Iraqi passport, an applicant should send the form and the attached documents electronically to the Directorate of Passports.
It is possible for Iraqi citizens to get an Iraqi passport, despite having a foreign nationality, unless they declare a written abandonment of the Iraqi nationality.
The benefits of visa-free travel for Iraqi passport holders
Visa-free countries open up a whole new experience of traveling, as they offer numerous benefits:
- you don't have to go to an embassy;
- you don't fill out lengthy application forms and attach various documents;
- you don't need to pay for a visa;
- you can travel without planning and change your route at any minute;
- you are able to visit countries you wouldn't go to otherwise.
6 countries where Iraq passport holders don't need a visa
Iraq passport visa-free countries:
Iraqi passport holders can enter 18 countries obtaining a visa on arrival. Also, Iraqi citizens are eligible for an electronic visa of 27 countries.
Visa on arrival countries
- Cape Verde
- Sri Lanka
Electronic visa countries
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
What to check to see if your destination is a visa-free country?
Destinations not requiring any visas are present in the visa-free countries list.
What to do if the destination you've chosen is not a visa-free country?
If your destination requires obtaining a visa, you should get an electronic visa, a visa on arrival, or a regular visa - depending on your citizenship and purpose of travel.
Advice for non-visa-free countries
There are a number of visa-free countries that offer hassle-free travel for visitors from all over the world, but there are still many countries requiring visas, so these are some tips for you:
- plan ahead: make sure you know which countries you need a visa for and apply for the appropriate visa type (business, transit, or tourist visa) well in advance of your trip;
- keep in mind: you can often make an online visa application instead of going to an embassy;
- read about other requirements and restrictions: you must have a valid passport and may provide some additional documents or medical forms;
- stay organized: keep all of your documents organized and in one place so that you could show them to customs officials quickly and without issues;
- keep copies: in addition to keeping your digital documents, it's also a good idea to make paper copies of important documents just in case.
Do you need to research the visa requirements of your destinations before traveling?
It is very advisable to do visa requirements research ahead of time to ensure that you have all mandatory documents, know the entry rules, and can enter a country without any complications.