Cypriot Passport Visa-Free Countries
Cyprus passport travel information
Cypriot passport ranks high in the global passport ranking. It has 14th place and allows Cypriot citizens to travel to 162 countries visa-free.
Cypriot nationals can get a visa on arrival in 30 countries. It is also possible for them to enter 34 countries with an eVisa or an electronic travel authorization.
A Cypriot passport can be obtained after getting Cypriot citizenship. Foreigners can apply for it in three ways: by naturalization, marriage to Cypriot or Cypriot origins.
Freedom of movement with visa-free travel for Cypriot citizens
Visa-free access makes you a traveler of a new level, as you get to visit countries you wouldn't go to otherwise. This broadens the geography of your traveling, allowing you to explore more exotic, unusual, or far-away destinations.
With a visa exemption, you get an opportunity to travel spontaneously and change plans, which provides freedom of movement.
Along the way, you are able to meet more people, get to know different cultures, and understand other nations better.
How to acquire citizenship and apply for a Cypriot passport
A foreigner can get Cypriot citizenship in three legal ways:
- Naturalization based on years of residence;
- Marriage to Cypriot;
- Cypriot origins.
Previously, it was also possible to apply for a Cyprus Golden Visa by investment. It has been abolished since November 1, 2020.
Foreigners, who have completed a total of 7 years of legal residence in Cyprus, can apply for Cyprus citizenship by naturalization. They must have resided continuously in Cyprus through the last year before applying.
In order to apply, an applicant must prepare a full list of entries and departures from Cyprus, file an application form, and pay the required fee.
Application processing usually takes 1-2 years. If it is successful and you are granted citizenship, you can submit an application for a passport.
Cypriots can enjoy the benefits of trips to visa-free countries
Traveling with visa-free access has some significant benefits:
- you don't need to attend an embassy, so you save the most precious resource - time;
- you can save money for the trip, as you don't have to pay the visa fee;
- you don't experience the stress associated with the hassle of getting a visa;
- you get travel freedom, as you are able to travel on a whim and change plans whenever you want.
113 countries where Cypriot passport holders can travel visa-free
Cypriot Passport Visa-Free Countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Marshall Islands
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
Also, Cypriot nationals can visit 30 destinations with a visa on arrival, and 34 destinations with an online visa or electronic travel authorization.
Visa on arrival countries
- Papua New Guinea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka
Electronic visa countries
- Côte d'Ivoire
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
How to learn if your destination is among visa-free countries?
In order to find out if your destination offers visa-free access, see the list of visa-free countries.
Your destination is not a visa-free country: what to do next?
If your destination is not on the visa-free countries list, make sure to obtain an electronic visa, a visa on arrival, or a regular visa.
Things to know before a trip to non-visa-free countries
Traveling to non-visa-free countries may cause additional issues, so be prepared and check out some tips:
- getting a visa is compulsory, so ensure you have it to be able to enter the country without any obstacles;
- see the requirements for your destination and decide which visa type (transit, business, or tourist visa) you need;
- note that attending an embassy may not be mandatory, as citizens of some countries are eligible for getting an online visa or a visa on arrival;
- apply for a visa well in advance, so if there are some issues in the application form which make the processing longer, you still have time before the trip;
- hassle with the visa may take all your focus, but do not forget about the passport - it should be valid and have free space for stamps.
Do you have to research the different visa requirements of each country before going on a trip?
Each country has different visa requirements involving the necessary visa type and attached documents, so it is essential to research the visa information to avoid being entry-denied, fined, or deported.